Rhythm is both the song's manacle and its demonic charge.
It is the original breath. It is the whisper of unremitted demand.
I. Penman, "The Annihilation of Rhythm."
- YouTube.com, Universal Music Group: Grace Jones, "Slave to the Rhythm Version 2"
- Discogs.com: Grace Jones, "Slave to the Rhythm"
- Google Books: "Pop Music: Technology and Creativity: Trevor Horn and the Digital Revolution"
- Joerg Fitzner: "PERFECT INVENTION: An Attempt to Trace Trevor C. Horn's Surprise Attack on Pop Music"
- The Clothed Maja: "Fragments of Recovery"
- Wikipedia: "Slave To The Rhythm"
- Rate Your Music: "Slave To The Rhythm, By Grace Jones"