Ben Brown, Ben Brown: … you’re in the same hell as me, so grab a chair and sit down.
I call Bank Of America customer service.
– Hi. I have a problem with my card. It’s not working.
“That’s because you had it canceled yesterday.”
– No, I most certainly didn’t.
“It says right here that you did.”
– No, I ordered a secondary card.
“Sir, when you order a replacement card, they cancel your current card.”
– Did I say replacement? No, I said secondary. I was very clear. The nice lady told me that it would have the same pin number. She then told me my current card would continue to function. I was very, very clear. Please turn my card back on.
“We can’t. It’s been flushed from our system.”
– Well, can you authorize a payment on my new card then? I need to pay for my
lunch, and this is causing me a lot of stress.
“No sir. You’ll have to wait until your new card arrives. In seven to ten days.”